Friday 16 January 2015

Latest Publication "Thank You Teacher"



Last Autumn I was asked by Little Tiger Press to work on my 7th book with them, 
to add to their current range of Gift books that were launched in the 
Spring of 2012. 

The range has seen publications now released in 8 different countries, the U.S, 
being our most popular customers it seems, and so this particular book has been 
specifically published for Thunder Bay Books 





I worked to illustrate the beautiful text by Josephine Collins again 
in this new book, 

"Thank you Teacher."










The artwork needed to work alongside the current books in the range, 
simple line, produced using my "Inky Stick", and gentle use of watercolour inks. 
A lot of these marks were applied with my fingers. 
I was very lucky to be able to come up with the choice of characters that I felt 
worked for each phrase myself, 
and worked closely with Little Tiger Press to decided on the best flow for the pages. 









I wonder if book 8 in the range may follow one day?  : )








No comments:

Post a Comment